What is planning?
Planning helps manage how cities, towns and regions grow or change, in a way that benefits the general community. It’s about better outcomes for people, places, the environment and the economy.
Planning helps us deal with matters facing Queensland and Australia, such as:
- accommodating a rapidly growing population
- increasing housing choice and affordability
- creating liveable cities in which people and communities can thrive
- creating places that support economic growth, productivity and innovation
- making sure we have the right infrastructure in place to support communities, the economy and jobs growth
- making the best possible use of public investment in infrastructure
- ensuring our communities become more resilient to natural hazards
- supporting more environmentally sustainable ways of living
- protecting the natural environment, green space and natural resources.
Last updated: 26 May 2022