Minister’s Guidelines and Rules
The Minister's Guidelines and Rules (MGR) sets out guidelines and rules for plan-making, as well as a variety of other important functions including:
- what can be considered in setting a tailored plan-making process
- how local planning instrument are made or amended
- how infrastructure designations are processed
- how certain compensation exemptions can apply where relating to natural hazards
- the process for environmental assessment and consultation for infrastructure designations
- the process for working out the cost of infrastructure for offset or refund relating to infrastructure for a development approval
- criteria for deciding a conversation application relating to infrastructure for a development approval.
The guidelines and rules in the MGR are made by the Planning Minister.
|Minister's Guidelines and Rules version||Publication date||Date commenced|
Minister's Guidelines and Rules - version 1.1
Read a summary of the amendment made to the previous version of the MGR
|22 September 2020||11 September 2020|
|Minister's Guidelines and Rules||26 May 2017||3 July 2017|
Have a look at our plan-making dashboard for the current status of local government plan-making processes in your area.
Last updated: 25 May 2022