Skip to content

Development application forms and templates


When making a development application or a change application, you must use the correct form.

If you need to obtain a copy of a superseded version of a form or template, please contact us.

The lists below provide the main statutory forms, as well as accompanying templates and checklists.


We have also produced optional templates [anchor to quick link box to be inserted at end of this page] to help applicants with their development applications and with creating public notification signage. Please see the optional applicant and public notification templates below.

Further advice

Applicants are encouraged to seek advice from their relevant local government (as the assessment manager) or from a qualified town planner before lodging a development application.

Where the state government is involved as either a referral agency or the assessment manager, pre-lodgement advice can be obtained by contacting the State Assessment and Referral Agency (SARA) through the regional office closest to you.

Last updated: Thursday, Aug 5, 2021